If you’ve been searching for a natural way to relieve your dry skin and improve it, then don’t look anymore because honey will cure you from all skin-related problems. Dry skin and be itchy and coarse because it lacks moisture and since honey has a hydrating effect it will certainly help you bring life back to your skin.
To enjoy honey’s moisturizing benefits you can just apply it directly on your skin, however, there are also a variety of other practices that can bring numerous benefits to your dry skin.
To find more about how you can incorporate honey into your skin-care routine, read on below.
How can honey benefit your skin?
- Honey prevents many skin conditions
Some conditions such as psoriasis and eczema cause your skin to become dry and honey is commonly used to treat these conditions as well as other issues like wounds, cuts, and burns.
- Honey has antibacterial properties
Studies have shown that natural, untreated honey has antibacterial properties can be used to repress almost 60 species of bacteria. Honey is also perfect for preventing further infection as due to its high viscosity it forms a protective layer around the wound.
- Honey is an excellent humectant
Being an excellent humectant, honey works by sealing in the moisture into the skin which in turn makes your skin supple and soft.
Honey remedies for treating dry skin
- As a body butter
Honey and Shea butter body butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tbps coconut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon beeswax
- Put all the listed ingredients into a double boiler and let them melt completely.
- Whisk it while it is melting and once done leave the mixture aside until it completely cools off and solidify.
- Next, to achieve a fluffy texture whip it for 4 minutes.
- Now, transfer it into a glass jar and feel free to use it.
Honey and essential oil body butter
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons citrus essential oil
- 1 ½ cup of coconut oil
- First, put the coconut oil into a double boiler, melt it and let it cool down a bit.
- Then, add in the rest of the ingredients and whip until you get a creamy texture.
- Once done, transfer the mixture in a glass jar and secure it.
- Use this body butter after showers.
- As a facial toner
Honey and lavender facial toner
- ½ tablespoon raw honey
- 3-4 drops of essential lavender oil
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Start by warming up the water then add the honey into it and stir well.
- Next, add the apple cider vinegar and mix again.
- Let the water cool down a bit before adding the lavender oil.
- Finally, mix it well and then transfer it into either a spray bottle or glass bottle.
- Use this toner after first washing your face.
Honey and chamomile facial toner
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 cup distilled water
- 3-4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chamomile tea or chamomile flower
- First, boil the chamomile tea or flowers in the water, then let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Next, strain the tea and add the apple cider vinegar and honey to it.
- Stir it once again, then transfer it into a glass bottle.
- Before using this toner you must remember to wash your face first.
- As a face mask
Honey and Aloe Vera face mask
- 1 teaspoon Aloe Vera
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- Combine the two listed ingredients together and apply them on your face as a mask.
- Let the mask sit for about half an hour then wash it off using cold water.
- As a face pack
Honey, turmeric and glycerin face pack
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- ½ teaspoon glycerin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (use either powder or paste)
- Put all the listed ingredients into a glass bowl and combine them into a paste.
- Then, apply the paste onto both your face and neck and let it dry.
- Once finished, wash it off using cold water.
- As a facial scrub
Honey and blueberry exotic scrub
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Start by blending the blueberries, then add in the other ingredients and mix them well.
- Use the mixture as a face scrub and let it sit for 20 minutes before you start massaging your face with it.
- Once finished, wash it off with water.