It is common myth to associate double chin with people who are overweight. However, double chin does go alongside with weight gain, but it does not necessarily mean that a person must be overweight to have it.
A double chin is, in fact, a layer of fat accumulated below your chin and sadly it is a very common condition. Some of the most common factors that contribute to this condition are aging and genetics.
If you are trying to get rid of a double chin you must pay more attention to your diet and make more healthy choices. In addition to improving your lifestyle, there are also some home remedies and exercises that can help you achieve this goal. Read on below to find out more about how to get rid of a double chin.
- Green tea
Green tea is widely used and recommended due to its antioxidant properties which promote weight-loss. Furthermore, as you are getting rid of extra fat in other areas of your body, your double chin will decrease as well.
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 teaspoon green tea
- First, heat one cup of water and then add the listed amount of green tea into it.
- Next, let it steep for about 10 minutes, then strain it.
- Finally, add some honey to your tea and drink up.
- To witness results, consume green tea three times a day.
- Egg white
Due to their amazing skin tightening and pore-reducing properties, egg whites can be very helpful in removing the extra fat accumulated under your chin.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Start by separating the yolk and egg white, then combine it with the other listed ingredients and whisk.
- Next, apply the mixture onto your skin and neck and let it sit for about half an hour.
- When its done, wash it off with hot/warm water.
- Do so once a day.
- Olive oil
Being rich in both vitamin E and antioxidants makes olive oil great at protecting the skin from damage and nourishing it. Olive oil is also helpful in firming the skin. The former properties make this remedy an effective way to get rid of a double chin.
– Olive oil
- First, take some oil, pour it into a pan and put it on the stove to lightly heat up.
- Then, let it cool off a bit before you apply it onto your jaw and neck.
- Gently massage your jaw and neck and once done let it stay for 1-2 hours before you rinse it off.
- If you prefer you can leave it on overnight.
- Oil pulling
Not only is oil pulling great for detoxification and improving your oral health, but it is also great for promoting weight-loss. It is considered helpful in reducing double chin because it activates the jaw muscles.
– 1 tablespoon of sesame or coconut oil
- Just take either a tablespoon of sesame or coconut oil and swish it in your mouth.
- This swishing should last at least 10 minutes.
- Once finished spit it out.
- Repeat this procedure every morning before brushing your teeth.
- Vitamin E
Regular use of vitamin E can ensure your skin stays tight and moisturized, and it can also reduce the occurrence of a double chin.
– Vitamin E capsules
- Simply take 2-3 vitamin E capsules, extract the oil out of them and apply it onto your jaw and upper neck.
- Then, massage gently for a couple of minutes and let it sit overnight.
- Neck rotations
To activate the muscles of both your neck and jaw, try stretching from one side to another.
- Pigeon face
Use your index fingers and thumbs to hold your lower jaw and tilt your head forward. Do so three times.
- Stick tongue out
Try sticking your tongue as far as you can, then start swishing it from side to side.
- Say X-O
Say X-O repeatedly. This exercise will activate cheeks, neck muscles and also get your jaw moving.
- Kiss the ceiling
Start by forming an “O” with your mouth, then tilt your head backward. Do 5 repetitions of this exercise.