Mild swelling and puffiness under the eyes as we like to call them bags under the eyes go along with the process of aging. As you get older the muscles under the eyes that support the eyelids and the tissues around the eyes as well weaken.
This allows normal fat that supports the eyes to accumulate into the lower eyelids which consequently makes your eyes appear puffier than usual. On the other hand, swelling is a result of fluid accumulating below your eyes.
Bangs under the eyes do not indicate some serious health issues, they are more of a cosmetic issue because they make you look tired which is why many consider them not a pleasant sight and strive to make them less visible or ultimately get rid of them for good.
Luckily there is a variety of natural ways to deal with bags under the eyes. The first thing that must be done when it comes to eliminating bags under the eyes is to get rid of some bad habits and then you can try using natural remedies that will help you reduce their appearance.
As we already mentioned, the bags under our eyes are the result of fat and fluid accumulating below the eye area. However, several factors can affect and worsen this situation such as:
- A lack of sleep or sleep deprivation
- Fluid retention mostly happens when you wake up in the morning or after consuming a salty meal
How to eliminate bags under the eyes
In this article, we will present you with a simple recipe that will help you put an end to those heavy bags under your eyes and help you get rid of the tired look they give to your face.
The following eye solution consists of four natural ingredients of which the most prominent one is witch hazel, a plant extract known for its amazing properties that include reducing inflammation, swelling, and cell damage.
Homemade eye solution recipe
The four key ingredients of this recipe each have their unique properties that benefit the skin and help reduce the swelling and puffiness and ultimately their effects lead to the elimination of the bags under your eyes.
Witch hazel is rich in healing active ingredients and besides reducing inflammation and swelling, it can also be used to soothe wounds. Aloe Vera is a very popular remedy that has long been used for skin care because of its numerous benefits. In this recipe, Aloe Vera gives a boost to the inflammation properties of witch hazel making this solution the ideal remedy for treating eye bags.
We also must mention that for the best results it is recommendable to use this remedy in the morning.
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Serves: 20 uses
- ½ ounce witch hazel
- ½ ounce pure Aloe Vera gel
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of essential chamomile oil
- Start by combining together all the listed ingredients.
- Once sure that they are properly mixed, transfer the mixture into a glass jar and secure it with a lid.
- Next, place the jar in the fridge and let it stay overnight.
- The next morning the mixture will be ready to use.
- Apply only a small amount of the mixture around the eyes and let it sit for as long as you want.
- It should be gently removed, so we recommend using a homemade facial wash.
- Always apply moisturizer after removing it.
Tips for prevention:
- Consider taking up on face yoga, it is known to stretch and tighten the facial muscles.
- Always remove your make up before heading to bed to avoid skin irritation and morning puffiness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol, it causes dehydration which in turn results in dark, sunken areas under the eyes.
- Quit smoking. Studies have shown that it causes premature aging around the eyes.
- Avoid overexposing yourself to the sun, though the sun can benefit the skin in many ways, it can also cause the skin around the eyes to sag and wrinkle.
- Introduce cool compress to your routine. It can help you reduce the puffiness and get that young look back.
- Avoid consuming too much salt meaning you should try to exclude highly processed foods. Also, the best way to reduce your salty cravings is to incorporate fresh vegetables into your diet.
- If you have any allergies, try to manage them with natural remedies like essential allergy oils.